In this two-hour workshop, I’ll introduce you to brush lettering tools and techniques, and go through the different ways you can use words to make art and create your own lettering style. You get to take home a workshop pack, plus some projects and worksheets so you can continue your brush lettering journey long after the class has ended.
What we’ll cover
- An introduction to basic brush lettering strokes
- Constructing the alphabet
- Lettering tools (the budget-friendly way to keep up this fun hobby)
- Projects to complete in class and continue at home
What you’ll get
- Personalised pencil case with your name on it
- An assortment of brush pens and markers to take home
- 2 x projects to take home
- 1 x digital practice book (so you can print worksheets at home)
Students also get 10% off items on the Finding Joy store.
What you need
- No previous knowledge of or experience in brush lettering required – just come with an open mind and the willingness to give it a go.
- The program is designed for adults, however, this event is open to children aged 10+ as long as they are open to learning and are accompanied by an adult (the venue has a coffee bar on the ground floor if the adult does not wish to participate in the workshop). I will deliver age-appropriate projects and tasks to cater to class registrants.
By the end of the class, you should walk away confident and excited to apply your lettering skills anywhere, any time.
I have partnered with the team behind The Hustle to host this Beginners Brush Lettering Workshop. Please note that the workshop will be held on the mezzanine level of The Hustle, which is only accessible via stairs.
When / Where
1:30-3:30pm, Saturday, 8 February 2020
The Hustle, 4/4 Purdy St, Minchinbury, NSW 2770
Please arrive 15 minutes before your class for registration. The coffee bar/kiosk will be open for refreshments.